[CLUE-Tech] Re: [CLUE-Talk] Upcoming Oracle presentations question

Randy Arabie randy at arabie.org
Mon Mar 1 13:35:30 MST 2004

Quoting Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com>:

  [snip]

> Again, it's not about putting Oracle into Debian, it's about Oracle
> supporting Debian.  That could be done with a standard tar.gz
> installation, or Oracle can create .deb files just like anyone can and
> distribute them themselves.  The lack of .deb's is not the issue at
> hand, and Oracle does not need to create them if they don't want to.

I think it is a matter of someone forking out the $$$ to have Oracle
*certified* on Debain.  I suspect money changed hands in the "collaborative"
efforts that got those distro's in Jeff's post certified.

Debian, being the all volunteer organization that it is, I don't see that
happening.  However, I expect that it is just the sort of thing that *could*
happen with the Bruce Parens project...don't recall the name of that project
right now.

--
Allons Rouler!

Randy