[CLUE-Tech] Install question

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Mon Mar 8 00:15:39 MST 2004

* Jed S. Baer (thag at frii.com) wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 19:27:41 -0700
> "Timothy C. Klein" <teece at silverklein.net> wrote:
>
> > You need to copy they file /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot/bzIimage to a
> > location that is accessible at boot time (usually '/' or '/boot').  Then
> > copy the file /usr/src/System.map-KERNEL-VERSION to /boot, and link it
> > to /boot/System.map.
>
> I'd be surprised at anything usefile in the i386 dir for a PowerPC
> machine. ;-)

Oops, I missed that.  Never had the fun of working with PowerPC, so
neither PPC nor Yellodog jumped out at me.  When I get rich, I'll have a
PPC, and a Sparc, and an Itanium, and a Transmetta, and a ... new house
to put them all in.  I'd like to expand beyond my x86 roots, but alas.

Tim
==  Vanity Page: http://tinyurl.com/vkhp    ==
== Hello_World.c: 17 Errors, 31 Warnings... ==