[CLUE-Tech] Ricochet Wireless Modem and Linux

nighthawk999 at bigvalley.net nighthawk999 at bigvalley.net
Tue Mar 9 10:56:13 MST 2004

Hello Linux gurus,

I'm real new to Linux so I hope you won't mind a rookie
question. I've got Mdk 9.0 on a Thinkpad 760XL and
right now it connects to the Internet through a 28.8
credit card modem. I just got a Ricochet wireless modem
on eBay. Metricom tells me that service is available
only in Denver and San Diego at the moment but they
offer a combined wireless/dialup plan 'pending rollout
of their service to other parts of the country'.

Since y'all are in Denver I figured that some of you
had experience with this modem and the service.
I want some kind of wireless solution. Is Ricochet
something to pursue or not? Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks,
SR