[CLUE-Tech] Qwest DSL Pricing Change

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Wed Mar 10 13:40:33 MST 2004

* Timothy C. Klein (teece at silverklein.net) wrote:
> * Nate Duehr (nate at natetech.com) wrote:
> > If anyone has Qwest DSL at 640K, they just changed their pricing to
> > make their 1.5Mb/s service the same price.  You can call them and
> > they'll put in an order to change it without charge.
>
> Well, I called and asked them to upgrade me.  I was on the 'Select' plan
> or whatever it was called, 256 up and down.
>
> I was on that plan because that was all they said I was able to get
> when I moved.
>
> But they put my upgrade order through today with no problems.  Yay!
>
> Or maybe not. I think I am far from the CO. My SNR numbers from my Zoom
> 'modem' are OK (~20 and 19 dB down/up), but my attenuation numbers
> seem to be very high (~60 and 30 dB, down/up). I am also interleaved.
> The things I have read on the Internet indicate (by folks who could be
> either geniuses or morons, hard to tell which) that these numbers are
> problematic.

Well, I had to call Qwest to get my order to actually be done
(translation wasn't completed.  Interesting, I would have guessed that
someone in the CO needed to up the speed on a DSLAM, but in can be done
remotely, via computer, by translations.)

But I now have 1.5 Mb up and 700 Kb down.  Very cool.  My pessimism was
unwarranted.  And the stuff I read about attenuation was either wrong,
or the Zoom reports the number differently.

Tim
==  Vanity Page: http://tinyurl.com/vkhp    ==
== Hello_World.c: 17 Errors, 31 Warnings... ==