[CLUE-Tech] CD Burning Question

Collins Richey erichey2 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 10 18:03:21 MST 2004

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 00:04:57 +0000 (UTC)
Angelo Bertolli <angelo at freeshell.org> wrote:

> hrmmm should be pretty easy:
> (1)
> dd if=/dev/cdrom of=~/image.iso
>
> (2)
> cdrecord -v -speed=48 -dev=0,0,0 -eject ~/image.iso
>
> You can determine dev by cdrecord -scanbus
>
> Angelo
>
> On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, Michael Riversong wrote:
>
> > Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:59:06 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
> > From: Michael Riversong <mriversong at earthlink.net>
> > To: clue-tech at clue.denver.co.us
> > Subject: [CLUE-Tech] CD Burning Question
> >
> > We need to burn CDs of Knoppix for Kids as we use the program almost
> > daily and must have backup copies on hand.  So far, we have not been
> > able to produce a bootable disk.  We've not been able to copy the CD
> > at all on several occasions on various computers, and yesterday made
> > 2 copies that had data but would not boot.
> >
> > Is there a trick to this that we somehow missed?
> >

> > Michael Riversong
> >
> > Cheyenne, Wyoming
> >
> > Beautiful Music for the Glory of God
> >
> > http://home.earthlink.net/~mriversong

Two additional points:

1. Did you check the md5sum of the iso you downloaded?  The iso data you
are trying to burn could be corrupt.

2.  You might want to try a lower speed= value, just in case your
processor is somewhat slow and unnable to keep the write buffer filled
at a higher speed.

--
Collins Richey - Denver area
gentoo testing 2.6.3-rc2 nptl udev