[CLUE-Tech] CD Burning Question

Dave Price dp_kinaole at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 11 12:36:18 MST 2004

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 09:55:03AM -0700, Michael Riversong wrote:
> None of our Linux machines has a working CD burner (it's all donated equipment) so we're using the only working one we have, which has Nero Express running under Windows 98.  Sorry, should have mentioned that in the first post.

At the risk of creating a 'chicken and egg' conundrum, why not boot
knoppix on a system with a burner and try the prior suggestions.

You will like need to get to a root command prompt to access the burner,
which is: <ctrl><alt><funtion-key-1>

( <alt><function-key-7> gets you back to X )

Otherwise, most M$-Windows burners support burning from an image - much
different that making a CD containing 1 file, which happens to be the
image.

In Nero, I would do: File -> Burn Image... and navigate to the .iso you
want to use.

aloha,
dave