[CLUE-Tech] How do website authors maintain their sanity?

Mike Miller mike at millertwinracing.com
Mon Mar 15 05:24:41 MST 2004

I'd say that was an issue in 98 or 99, but I've found that the current
generation of tools do a really good job of generating code that's cross
platform compatible. Granted, that last major site I had, I coded for NS 5+
and IE 4+ which covered 99.9% of the folks hitting that site. (IE5 + AOL +
IE6 accounted for more than 96.5% of the traffic, all used the IE engine for
rendering at the time)

While I understand the desire to support other browsers, especially on THIS
mailing list, they really are a drop in the bucket compared to IE use.

All that said, I'll concede that I hand coded the main webpage, only using
the code the Graphic Arts person gave me for the DHTML par of the page,
which was purposely set up as an independent item.