[CLUE-Tech] Web Statistics Programs

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Tue Mar 16 16:45:03 MST 2004

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 20:16:14 +0000 (UTC)
Angelo Bertolli <angelo at freeshell.org> wrote:

> These guys put up their own comparison, but it's pretty objective:
> http://awstats.sourceforge.net/ (down the page a bit)

Hey, that looks good. It has a feature I just discovered I can really use
-- "user specified" logfile format. One logfile I'm playing with right now
isn't in the format Webalizer says to use, so I was about to write a Perl
script to renoberate it. Of course, maybe that feature only sounds like
what I need, but one remains hopeful.

Speaking of hacking up Apache logs, does anyone know of a way to tell Perl
to split a string, but consider /regex/ characters as quoting characters?
I might not need to do this, and I've just downloaded the Logfile::Apache
module, but it'd be a cool trick to have up my sleeve.

> Also, I was looking at this before:
> http://phpwebstats.sourceforge.net/
> because it says it doesn't rely on Apache access logs.

Nice to know it's there, but right now I'm looking at just using Apache's
logiles.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/