[CLUE-Tech] Web Statistics Programs

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Tue Mar 16 18:36:55 MST 2004

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:16:39 -0700
Dan Harris <coronadh at coronasolutions.com> wrote:

> I use awstats (awstats.org).. Wonderful program.. Great output

I'm currently in the throes of twiddling with it. 1st observation: it
doesn't lend itself well to ad-hoc usage, such as command-line invocation
of a specific log file. The application I have in mind is that the company
where I host my blog has an awful reporting package, but I can download
daily log files. The easiest way to deal with this would be to just
specify the logfile name on the command line when invoking the report
tool. Since awstats stores the logfile name in a config file, I have to
rename the logfile to what's in the config file, and then rename it back
(if I want to save it). Not that that's a huge thing, but still.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/