[CLUE-Tech] flashing BIOS from within Linux?

Dave Price dp_kinaole at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 16 20:29:53 MST 2004

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 11:52:20AM -0700, Jim Ockers wrote:

> It seems silly to have to boot DOS just to flash the BIOS.  I
> know the MTD support is coming along nicely and is starting
> to support many different flash chips - has anyone used that?

What about dosemu?

It works great for me here to run dBase-III programs.

I have no idea whether or not your flashing utility and linux will
understand or care what you are doing, but there is only one way to find
out.

While this does not allow the ease of just ssh'ing in, you could
create a 'shared dosemu' environment that can be
mounted / used / umounted via a simple script.

aloha,
dave