[CLUE-Tech] To Fedora, yum, and tireless packagers: YEEAAAHHH!

Collins Richey erichey2 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 28 08:24:02 MST 2004

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 22:20:07 -0700
David Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us> wrote:

> Chris Schock wrote:
> > Is Fedora great, or what?
> [...]
> > Nobody's managed to find an RPM for ntop that works with FC1, have
> > they? One small step from utopia...
>
> How is that great?  Sorry, but looking up where to find useful
> packages rather than getting them off the standard repository seems
> lame to me.

Even lamer would be to do without anything that the maintainers of the
standard repository have decided not to provide.  This seems like pretty
standard 'RPM Hell' to me, which is indeed pretty lame.  That's the
number one reason I don't use any of the standard commercial offerings -
limited number of packages offered.

--
Collins Richey - Denver area
gentoo testing 2.6.3-rc2 nptl udev