[CLUE-Tech] email address hijacked by spammers

Carl Schelin co_bofh at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 30 21:15:23 MST 2004

I've actually had this happen to one of my oldest
accounts. I really didn't want to lose the account so
I just filtered the incoming messages as if they were
spam. In a few days it was clear again. I suspect the
spammers just add whatever name they can to the froms.
Most of the clueful folks just ignore them or filter
them appropriately (I always look for internal
spamming/viruses so I can *clickity-click* them :-)

Give it a week before you make a hasty decision. Pay
attention to upstream threats though. Hopefully the
folks are clueful enough to realize what happened and
ignore complaints.

Carl