[CLUE-Tech] root kit checker

Jim Ockers ockers at ockers.net
Thu May 6 10:40:02 MDT 2004

Mike:

netstat -tupan will show what process has sockets open.  If it is
sending UDP packets then that might not show it.  However lsof -n
will show all processes with sockets open.

If you have ethereal and your Internet connection is ethernet you
can probably watch the packets that are leaving your box using
ethereal.  This will depend on your configuration.

Hope this helps,
Jim

PS That IP address is in a Microsoft/MSN IP address block,
according to ARIN WHOIS.