[CLUE-Tech] Cobind - minimal Fedora install

William bkimball1 at yahoo.com
Tue May 25 14:21:20 MDT 2004

I believe he qualified his statement with, "minimalist *desktop* installation".  Otherwise, I
agree.  I'm still looking for a truly *minimal* install that I can use as a central log server
that can be SSHed into for maintenance.  Any leads?

--- David Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us> wrote:
> James LaRue wrote:
>
> > I don't think I passed this along. I tested Cobind (www.cobind.com), a
> > minimalist desktop installation of Fedora Core 1. It doesn't even ask
> > you which packages you want: just gives you Gnome Office (Abiword,
> > gnumeric, gnucash, gaim), Firefox and Thunderbird, and the xfce window
> > manager. The complete app list is on the site.
>
> I would hardly call X (and anything depending on it) "minimal".  To me
> "minimal" means I can log in and install more packages.  Anything else
> is fluff.
>
> Dave

=====
William Kimball, Jr.
"Programming is an art form that fights back!"  =)