[CLUE-Tech] Mozilla Mail Signature

Chris Tubutis ctubutis at yahoo.com
Wed May 26 16:41:45 MDT 2004

--- Greg Knaddison <greg.knaddison at gmail.com> wrote:
> This being the case and all, is there a standard for Mailing list
> footers?
>
> I have a hard time believing that it's 47 _ characters followed by a
> new line as it is right here.

Four lines max at 80x25. I guess it could have changed but this is what
it was in the early 1990s, and it doesn't apply exclusively to mailing
lists but to signatures (aka footers) in general. This is from the days
of 300 baud modems which were all that were available way, way back
when. Can't remember the exact RFC....

ct