[CLUE-Tech] fsck log

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu May 27 00:56:46 MDT 2004

On May 26, 2004, at 6:02 PM, Chris Tubutis wrote:

> --- Angelo Bertolli <angelo at freeshell.org> wrote:
>>
>> I'm planning on running shutdown -r -F around 3 am, and I wanted to
>> know if fsck logs any filesystem erros.
>
> Not that I'm aware of. If the box is a server, you might consider using
> a serial console and then use a console server which has an adequate
> scrollback buffer.

Not to mention that if it fails, you'll definitely know in the morning
about 5 AM when the @^&!@ phone starts ringing and your fsck is stuck
waiting for your manual input on a box you can't get to.

(If you think the box is going to fsck and have errors, it's definitely
not a good idea not to monitor it.)

Nate Duehr, nate at natetech.com