[CLUE-Tech] apt-get list

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at dissociatedpress.net
Thu May 27 18:35:00 MDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 16:09, Angelo Bertolli wrote:
> After doing an apt-get, I'd like a commandline tool which allows you to
> list the available packages (for install mostly, but also upgrade might be
> nice).  Is there a way to do this?

The tool you want is called apt-iselect -- you run something like this:

apt-iselect foo

and it will return a list of packages that match "foo" in name or
description. You can then install the package that you want. I use it
all the time, and I covered it for UnixReview.com here:

http://www.unixreview.com/documents/s=1832/ur0308d/

Enjoy!

Zonker

--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <jzb at dissociatedpress.net>

Nobody said computers were going to be polite.