[CLUE-Tech] Ricochet Help..

Lewis Hopfe lmhopfe at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 4 14:34:08 MST 2004

I've been a Ricochet Internet user for a bit over a year now and I'm
using the external modem which has both a serial and a USB connector.
Under Fedora I and Linux 2.4 the modem was recognized and it operated
smoothly with little configuration beyond the ph# and the usual ppp
stuff. Either connector cable worked. However, I recently switched to
Fedora II and I've encountered a problem. I am able to use the modem
with the serial port connector and simply setup a generic modem. But
I cannot get it to function using the USB connector which I would
prefer to use. At startup, when the scan for new hardware is done,
Linux recognizes that something has been connected to the USB port,
but it's listed as as unkown device . Under Fedora I it would be
recognized as a Metricom modem. It would seem that I'm lacking a
driver that (I guess) was present in prior versions, but appears to
have been taken out??

Anyway, I'm a little new to this sort of problem and I was hoping
that there might be another Linux user in the Denver area who has
Ricochet and can guide me through this problem.

Thanks,

Lewis Hopfe