[CLUE-Tech] upgrading rpm (continued and resolution)

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 22:31:11 MST 2004

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:10:44 -0800 (PST), Carl Schelin
<co_bofh at yahoo.com> wrote:
> (another delay; fscking netgear has failed and I have
> to recable. second FPOS netgear to fail out of two. no
> more netgears for me.)

Interesting. I've always gotten good results with netgear.

[ rest of tale of woe snipped ]

Hey man, I really sympathize. I had similar problems with RPM-based
systems years ago, and I switched never to look back.

I recommend run-not-walk to debian unstable (if you prefer a binary
distro) or gentoo (if you can deal with source-based). I've heard
nothing but goodness from people who use debian with apt-get (or
other) on debian, and I can attest to years of successful updates with
gentoo. There are, of course, several ways to get going with debian.

Best of luck.

--
 Collins