[CLUE-Tech] USB Wireless Adapters

JD. Brown brownstixzz at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 28 13:29:58 MST 2004

On Sunday 28 November 2004 12:56, Gary Threlkeld wrote:

> Does anyone have recommendations for linux-compatible USB Wireless
> Network Adapters?

You could use the:

1.Linksys WUSB12 (Wireless B) with the ndiswrapper driver found here:
   http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/

2. Linksys WUSB11 (Wireless B) with the atmelwlan driver found here:
    http://atmelwlandriver.sourceforge.net/usbtable.html

These two are known to work in linux with my knowledge and hands on.

If you are looking for USB wireless G. There are not a whole lot of them
working. Here is a link for you to do some research on:

http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/

I have installed the D Link G120 and if my memory serves correctly? It uses
the Prism driver.

These units should not break you in the pocket book.

Hope this helps.

JD