[CLUE-Tech] Linux IDE suggestions

Dale K. Hawkins dhawkins at cdrgts.com
Mon Oct 4 06:25:46 MDT 2004

OK.  So I have this "friend" who is coming from developing under DOS.  I
am trying to recommend a comfortable IDE for working with C/C++.  I
personally do not have experience with most of the IDEs currently out
there.  So, I was wondering if there was anyone else on the list whom
may have gone through a similar experience, i.e., the DOS Borland/Watcom
to Linux transition?

BTW, I am not masquerading as the friend :-).  I use emacs which I have
spent a decade working with and tweaking.  I also use autoconf and
automake for which I have written custom extensions.  However, this
friend merely wants to compile and debug C programs, probably with some
sort of GUI and mostly for internal use and proof-of-concept type stuff.

-Dale