[CLUE-Tech] annoying attempts to compromise web server

Joseph A. Nagy, Jr. jnagyjr at joseph-a-nagy-jr.us
Wed Oct 13 11:34:20 MDT 2004

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 11:21:06AM -0600, Chris Dos wrote the following:
> Joseph A. Nagy, Jr. wrote:
<snip>
> >I used to use sugarplum to handle those, now I just ignore them (too lazy
> >reset up sugarplum).
> >

> This is a common worm.  I've been seeing this for the last three years.  If
> you want to add protection, set up a iptables firewall, snort, and guardian
> to make the firewall active, then you can react to attacks and block futher
> attempts

Oh I know, I just figured I would give them something to work for. With a
page full of gibberish + no good email addy's I figured I was giving
whomever was collecting the data double the work (sort out the gibberish and
the bad emails).

--
AIM: pres CTHULHU | ICQ: 18115568 | Yahoo: pagan_prince
Jabber: DarkKnightRadick@(jabber.org|amessage.at) | Libertarian @ Large