[CLUE-Tech] Headless Mozilla

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Wed Oct 13 15:40:52 MDT 2004

Greg Knaddison wrote:

>Are you using Firefox or Mozilla Suite?

Mozilla suite.  I hate Firefox for the very fact that it's not
integrated with Thunderbird (or it wasn't when I tried it last).  I want
to be able to middle click in an email and have Firefox bring it up in a
TAB.  The best solution the mozilla people could give me was to hack
around with Firefox, make it bring up new clicks in tabs always, or
something like that.  Not exactly what I wanted.  I think the suite is
better anyway--I like the options.

>Perhaps you could find out how ooqstart works and then make a new
>project that will do the same thing for Mozilla?

Yeah I think it would be pretty simple as long as I can get Mozilla
running without a window.  However, one thing that ooqstart doesn't do
is restart itself when it crashes or gets shut down.  This is
particularly important on Mozilla, because when you have to kill one
Mozilla window, the whole program goes down, so the quick starter needs
to come back up.  Either something has to run in the background which is
checking for it all the time, or maybe there's something in Gnome
sessions which will allow me to restart something that crashes (like
Nautilus does).

Angelo