[CLUE-Tech] Headless Mozilla

Chris Tubutis ctubutis at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 13 16:27:01 MDT 2004

On 13 Oct, Angelo Bertolli wrote:

> (My default display is :0.0 )

This brought up an idea... I was originally thinking you could set up a
second, dummy display (:0.1) but I couldn't easily find how to do that
in X and I'm too lazy to go RTFM.

But I thought of something else... in a prior life I've used a cool
little utility called xvfb (X virtual framebuffer, google it) to allow
headless servers to run FPOS commercial software that for whatever
reason thinks it needs an X display. I'll bet you could set up xvfb on
:0.1 and then have your background client "display" to it.

ct