[CLUE-Tech] Looking for GUI download manager

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Thu Oct 14 00:03:13 MDT 2004

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 00:33:27 -0400
Angelo Bertolli <angelo at freeshell.org> wrote:

> Oops, ,nevermind, your subject line says GUI.  But wget has a nice look
> on the command line... it's sort of graphical with a progress bar that
> goes across.

Actually, wget is perfect for what George is looking to do. Should be a
simple matter to install it from an RPM (just make sure you get an RPM for
your version of Mandrake). Setting up a daily, or M-F, or whatever
schedule chron job to run wget on that schedule should also be quite
simple.

Seems I heard of a graphic front-end for wget, seems maybe gwget, or
something like that. I dunno if it has any capabilities other than
providing option buttons and such for common wget operations. Probably
worth investigating.

But really, for this task, there's no need for a GUI. Yeah, there are
certain aspects of wget that can seem arcane, but this is a very
straightforward task.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/