[CLUE-Tech] Looking for GUI download manager

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Thu Oct 14 15:22:47 MDT 2004

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 13:45:25 -0600
"George Gammel" <ggammel1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I thought about trying to download and install KDE 3.3 (which would
> probably include Kget), but I think my chances of successfully doing
> that are quite slim.  I have had pretty poor results in trying to
> download and install any new software.  I'm sure my lack of experience
> is partly at fault.

If you're dealing with RPM files, you're likely running into dependency
issues. Look for RPMs which are built for your distribution, including the
version. Even then, you might run into dependency problems, such as
needing a newer glibc, or something like that.

I have to assume that there are many good repositories for Mandrake RPMs.
Alas, rpmfind.net isn't what it used to be. Try rpm.pbone.net (even though
their search funtion sucks) and maybe check Mandrake's site for a list of
mirrors.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/