[CLUE-Tech] PHP PEAR Auth module

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Fri Oct 15 10:48:57 MDT 2004

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 22:26:45 -0600
"Jed S. Baer" <thag at frii.com> wrote:

> Has anyone here used the PEAR Auth module?
>
> I'm thinking about using it for a project, because a quick look at the
> code indicates it has some nifty features. Alas, the documentation is
> almost worse than nothing.
>
> It'd be nice to see a good example of using passing the form input into
> the Auth object, i.e. doing the initial login. Their "intro" example
> doesn't contain this step. Nor do the docs fully document the methods
> for the Auth object.

After reading the code some more this morning, I discovered that the Auth
module grabs the username/pass from the $_POST array, as long as you have
your form variables named properly, which I did.

And (since I shut the machine down overnight), my test code now works
fine. This is disturbing, because it implies that something is being
cached somewhere. My memory is that I used the reload button enough that
it couldn't be browser cache.

Anyways, it's mostly a non-issue now, although I'd still like to see docs
for the available param list for the declared "login" function, since the
examples show it two ways.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/