[CLUE-Tech] Speaking of RAID...

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at blazenet.net
Wed Oct 20 15:14:56 MDT 2004

I'm giving some thought to setting up a RAID 5 array or two.  Looking at my
options,  I have a nice DPT card here that'll support this in hardware,  but
the docs with that seem to only allow for arrays that are all the same size
drive.  In my reading of various HOWTO and similar documents,  it seems to
indicate that this isn't a problem when doing it in software under linux.

Can any of you guys give me some idea as to what the tradeoffs might be in
terms of performance?  I'm thinking that my bottlenecks are likely to end up
being elsewhere,  mostly.