[CLUE-Tech] RAID 1 on Linux

Carl Schelin co_bofh at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 22 17:31:31 MDT 2004

--- Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com> wrote:

> Carl Schelin wrote:

[SysAdmin Mag]
> They do each magazine to a different "theme" each
> month - after watching for a few years I only really
> find the "security" and "storage" issues
interesting,
> most years.

Ok, I'll be on the look out. You know how it is. Fool
me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

[co-sage meetings]
> No,

No biggie. I'm starting to get names to faces after
going to the meetings since May (missing June and July
for being in Greece).

[raid1/sessions]
> To be honest, I don't know.  I'd say Russell would
> remember or have a document published somewhere,
> though.  He's still very active on debian-isp and
> other debian lists.

Ok, I'll see if I can find an archive of the data or
shoot over an e-mail query. Thanks.

> >More with having a decent chance of
> >not losing data in the event of a disk failure.
> >

> Yeah, that's what I wanted to use it for too... then
> I lost data and had to restore from a backup.  Once
> bitten, twice shy, now.

Yea but that was your fault ;-)

[raid monitoring]
> I was going to whip up a script to watch
> /proc/mdstat but it blew up
> before I got that far.  ;-)

Cool beans. I'll be checking out mdadm to see how
failure works. Thanks again for all the good info.

> Nate

Carl