[CLUE-Tech] ImageMagick converting PNG to JPG

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Fri Oct 29 16:25:10 MDT 2004

I'm converting PNG files to JPG, but the tranparent backgrounds are
always made black.  I want to make them white.  I tried using
-background and -fill but neither seemed to work:

for file in `find -name "*.png" -print`; do convert -verbose -background
"#FFFFFF" $file `echo $file | cut -d '.' -f1,2`.jpg; done

for file in `find -name "*.png" -print`; do convert -verbose -fill
"#FFFFFF" $file `echo $file | cut -d '.' -f1,2`.jpg; done

Does anyone know how to set the default background color, or anything
else that would make this work?

Angelo