[CLUE-Tech] Fedora CD Audio Issues

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Fri Sep 3 02:06:59 MDT 2004

On Thursday 02 September 2004 23:08, Jesse William wrote:
> hello,
>
> I've recently installed Fedora Core 2 and was very happy to find that
> it recognized my sound card, however, CD audio won't play. Audio will
> play from Gnome, Gaim, etc, but niether the default CD player or XMMS
> will play audio(they read tracks and "play", but no sound at all).
>
> Help!
> I am using a C-Media Electronics model CM8738 sound card.

Do you have the audio cable run from the CD drive to the sound card.  CD
playback is usually done in the analog domain, but Windows is moving towards
doing it digitally... not sure if that's a goal for folks like the ALSA
project in the Linux world or not... I just always make sure the cable's
there and figure the software can do whatever it wants.  ;-)

Nate Duehr, nate at natetech.com