[CLUE-Tech] gnome window focus

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Fri Sep 3 13:23:04 MDT 2004

I may have asked this before, but it's pretty annoying so I'm going to
ask again... is there any way to keep new windows from stealing focus in
Gnome?  Most windows load fast enough that it doesn't bother me, but
with the longer loads (OpenOffice.org) I start working in another window
and a few keystrokes end up in the program that's opening as it steals
focus.  OpenOffice.org is particularly annoying since it steals focus
more than once as it's loading up, and then opening the document.

Angelo