[CLUE-Tech] RDNS false positives

Charles Oriez coriez at oriez.org
Sun Sep 12 11:47:46 MDT 2004

someone asked for statistics on false positive rate for invalid RDNS as a
test to reject suspected spam

Although the servers I run bounce immediately and I have no stats for them,
another server I am on merely tags it.  There, in a 9 day period, it looks
like one message that might not have been spam was tagged for failure to
have rdns properly configured.  The titles suggest that everything else was
spam.

You can get full headers from the archives if you need them.

--

Charles Oriez     coriez at oriez.org    39  34' 34.4"N / 105 00' 06.3"W
**