[CLUE-Tech] reverse DNS

William bkimball1 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 12 16:37:37 MDT 2004

--- Nate Duehr wrote:
> There is one.  Multiple domains hosted off the same server.  The RDNS
> can only match one of them.
>
> Kinda a pain for the frugal folks trying to host multiple domain's
> webservers and e-mail servers off of the same physical box, but if one
> has an endless supply of IP addresses, you can usually work around it by
> putting multiple IP's on the same system.

I wouldn't consider this an exception.  With proper configuration of your DNS records (A, CNAME,
and PTR records in particular), this is not an issue.  I host for many domains on a relatively
small set of static IP addresses, and I don't have any problem doing so.

=====
William Kimball, Jr.
"Programming is an art form that fights back!"  =)