[CLUE-Tech] phoneline cards

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 12:57:29 MDT 2004

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 13:06:44 -0400, Angelo Bertolli
<angelo at freeshell.org> wrote:
> I am thinking about getting a phoneline card instead of wireless router
> + wireless cards for a home network.  Does anyone have one  of these
> working with Linux?

Hmmm, I never heard of this, but a brief round of googling provided me
the basics. Read the articles at

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/answers/61.
http://anandtech.com/IT/showdoc.html?i=1568

I appears that most of the cards are based on a Broadcom chip, that
Broadcom owns the standard and is not releasing much info, and that
there are some sort of binary drivers for linux, a la nvidia and ati.

HTH,

--
 /\/\
(CR) Collins Richey