[CLUE-Tech] phoneline cards

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Mon Sep 13 16:12:41 MDT 2004

Angelo Bertolli wrote:

> I am thinking about getting a phoneline card instead of wireless
> router + wireless cards for a home network.  Does anyone have one  of
> these working with Linux?

I would have one other issue with the phoneline cards... Colorado being
the 3rd highest lightning state in the country... I don't want a nearby
strike to have direct access to the PC's internal busses.

Having the external router gives the lightning something else to blow up
first, before it can attempt to get to your expensive computers.  ;-)

Nate Duehr, nate at natetech.com