[CLUE-Tech] phoneline cards

Charles Oriez coriez at oriez.org
Tue Sep 14 19:54:07 MDT 2004

At 02:51 PM 9/14/2004, Nate Duehr wrote:
>Collins Richey wrote:
>

>>Maybe my ignorance is showing, but most surge protector strips these
>>days have plugs to protect ethernet and/or phone cables. In my case,
>>the power surge must get through the cable modem, the router, and the
>>surge protector before getting to my cpu's.
>>
>No not ignorant at all.  In the case of the phoneline cards, doesn't the
>phone line plug directly into the back of the PC?
>
>If a surge protector is used, that would help, and as in your case, you
>have the cable modem to get through too.

an outfit called APC makes a notebook surge protector called
SurgeArrest.  It doesnt have a socket for the ethernet cable, but it has
three phone jacks, one to a phone, one to the wall, and one to the modem.

--

Charles Oriez     coriez at oriez.org    39  34' 34.4"N / 105 00' 06.3"W
"Drag God into politics, and you'll ruin his reputation in no time." --