[CLUE-Tech] Networking

George Gammel ggammel1 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 16 18:27:59 MDT 2004

Hi folks,

I am trying to get a local peer to peer network operating between a Linux box and two Windows boxes.  So far, all I have been able to do is waste time and get more frustrated.  I have spent several days trying to read How to and help files. I seem to be able to understand about 5% of what I read, but can't seem to make any headway in getting this to work.  There is a "utility" on the K desktop to configure the network, but again most of it makes no sense to me.  All three machines are set up to automatically get IP addresses using DCHP.  All three machine have unique computer names and IP addresses on the local network.  Also, I can ping bewtween all three machines.  I do have internet access working on all three.  The file sharing is working bewtween the two Windows machines.  But that seems to be as far as I can get.  I think Samba is installed on the Linux box, but I doubt that it is configured correctly and am unsure as to if it is even running.  If anybody has any ideas how to get this to work, please reply back, keeping in mind that I am most definately a novice at Linux.

Thanks,

George Gammel
ggammel1 at yahoo.com