[CLUE-Tech] Re: CLUE-Tech digest, wireless use

Ken MacFerrin lists at macferrin.com
Sun Sep 26 18:24:28 MDT 2004

dave price wrote:
> Ken,
>
> I see the IPSEC and PPP VPN,  can this box be used for
> a LAN-LAN VPN with a CISCO PIX?
>
> aloha,
> dave

I haven't checked to see if they've built in VPN endpoint capability yet
but yes, it can function as a VPN client for a LAN-LAN VPN (vs. just VPN
passthrough).  I know the pre-release Alchemy firmware ($20
subscription) will support traditional PPTP and IPSec but I've heard
some folks were having issues with connecting to Cisco gear depending on
the Cisco config.  Something to do with Cisco using non-RFC compliant
IPSec by default...

It's a hot topic on the member forums right now so I'd expect more to come.
-Ken