[clue-tech] Network Topography Schematic drawing software?

Keith Hellman khellman at mcprogramming.com
Fri Apr 8 14:48:55 MDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 09:48:12PM -0700, William wrote:
> --- Collins Richey wrote:
> > On Apr 7, 2005 8:30 AM, Anderson, Mark wrote:
> > > DIA is nice but I started using kivio which is one of the kde applications.
> >
> > Sigh, why is it that almost any potentially userful piece of software
> > is attached to one of those behemoths, KDE or GNOME!

Once again, I mention the venerable xfig (http://www.xfig.org).  I have
grown to appreciate the complex diagrams you an create with it, and it
is much more reliable at generating exports from the commandline (using
fig2dev) than dia.

It has about 60 networking components in its icon library, it also
doesn't require gnome or kde :^)

The only forewarning is that it is worthwhile to actually *read* the
user manual first.

--
Keith Hellman                             #include <disclaimer.h>
khellman at mcprogramming.com                from disclaimer import standard

"Windows is about choice - you can mix and match software and music player
stuff. We believe you should have the same choice when it comes to music
services."

-- David Fester, General Manager of Microsoft's Windows Digital Media Division
   http://apple.slashdot.org/apple/04/01/13/0158224.shtml?tid=109&tid=187