[clue-tech] ubuntu linux

Anderson, Mark Mark.Anderson at cccs.edu
Mon Apr 18 07:01:57 MDT 2005

Hello,

I started using it on Saturday.  It is a Debian based system with a few changes.  18Month release cycle, four main branches of source with the main packages being maintained with security patches etc..  So far I have found it very easy to use with good documentation and a strong community.  It also installs with a non root user by default and then assigns them sudo right from the start.  I will be putting it through it's passes this week and will post more at the end of the week.  It also has a huge package selection like Debian.  Obviously I think it is worth looking at.  If you do the server install it will install just the base system and let you use apt from there.  If you are familiar with Debain this is very similar.

Regardes,
Mark