[clue-tech] ubuntu linux

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 22:17:31 MDT 2005

On 4/19/05, J <j7s12b at comcast.net> wrote:

> The partitioning stage of the install had problems but I was able to work
> through it. Other then that, (<duck and cover>and Gnome</duck and cover>)
> its perty nice.

I, too, had Ubuntu problems with the partitioning stage a few months
ago (same with SuSE 9.2) and gave up on both as a bad bet, since no
user should have to put up with partitioning problems. Yeah, I know
I'm lazy, but your really shouldn't have to RTFM to make an installer
work.

Just a sidenote

<way OT>
I used the Gnome supplied as default with FC3-RHEL4-CentOS4 for a few
weeks and found it to be quite usable. Of course, I'm not fond of
Big-Monster-Desktop-Managers, so I forego Gnome and KDE for IceWm.
</way OT>

--
 Collins
       When I saw the Iraqi people voting three weeks ago, 8 million of them,