[clue-tech] KDE soumd question

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Wed Apr 20 13:23:44 MDT 2005

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 08:34:03 -0600
Dave Price wrote:

> I was hoping there might be some sort of 'pipe' I could set up between
> the 137x line-in and the sound sticks.

I suspect you can pipe the data. I'd look at what device nodes are set up
for each of your cards, for example /dev/dsp0. If you know the module
names which are loaded for each sound device, you should be able to find
the device names in the docs someplace under /usr/src/linux/Documentation.

Once you know what the device nodes are, I'm guessing you can do something
like cat /dev/something0 > /dev/something1, but I don't know what sort of
gui control there'd be to accomplish that.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/
Key fingerprint = B027 FEFB 4281 CC72 67D1  4237 F2D0 D356 077A A30E