[clue-tech] Document synchronization

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Wed Apr 20 18:59:10 MDT 2005

> CVS gives you a central repository.  Sync'ing software like rsync is
> great, but you have to keep track of which is the latest copy yourself.

Yes.  Thanks everyone for the suggestions.  I have decided to go with a
combination of rysnc and cvs/subversion.  I'm starting things with rsync
and then I'm going to migrate certain things over to cvs.  The reason is
rsync is quick, and lets you change how you've structured your
directories easy.  Things like documents which get moved and renamed and
don't need to be rolled back, will probably end up staying with rsync.
And at this point for me, remembering to rsync back up to the "server"
is about equivalent to remembering to cvs commit.

Angelo