[clue-tech] Followup to E17

Evan Widger PsychoI3oy at linkline.com
Thu Apr 21 21:52:04 MDT 2005

Peter H. wrote:
> J <j7s12b at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>On Wednesday 20 April 2005 23:01, Peter H. wrote:
>>
>>>Well, since no one else was interested, I will followup this message with
>>>" I got the thing all built and running" It is totally AMAZING! When they
>>>are finished with it, it will be one of the best environments out there!
>>>I always liked E anyway but this is just beyond cool and actually very
>>>stable so far. I have a few screenshots if anyone ever gets interested in
>>>it. Building it is a Loooong adventure but doesn't really require a bunch
>>>of dep hunting or anything, just allot of compilation and you really need
>>>to know your system to set the ./configure params on some of the libs if
>>>you want to truly optimize for your environment....cheers///Peter
>>
>>Im sorry, Im having a blond momentbut if its geeky, i wanna read about it
>>
>>what is E17?

> E17 is the new implementation (bleeding edge) of Enlightenment window manager.
> And it is so frickin cool looking. I has a script available to generate menus
> so you don't have to spend a week writing out new menu scripts like the old
> BB menus. It is like I said, bleeding edge but I am into that kinda stuff. I
> can send you a couple of screenshots if you want to see it... /Peter

I'm running enlightenment 0.16.7.2 and have heard good things about e17
(and holy cow that's been a long time coming, I remember upgrading to
0.16.5 in late 2000 on redhat 6.2) and while I'm not sure I have the
linux-fu to try to make it work, I'd love to see some screenshots if you
don't mind.

-Evan