[clue-tech] Please trim your posts - netiquette again

Chris Tubutis ctubutis at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 23 19:42:03 MDT 2005

On 23 Apr, David Anselmi wrote:
> Though he'd get less argument if some sort of standards were posted on
> the web site.

This might be true but I'm not so sure such text belongs on the CLUE
site as this netiquette stuff applies to both e-mail and USENET news
(where I learned it all from) and Internet communications as a whole.

Some of my favorite verbiage on the topic was written several years ago
by Greg Lehey of FreeBSD fame, I send the link to friends who use IMHO
misconfigured MS Outlook mail clients.

Greg's spiel:
http://www.lemis.com/email.html

On his page somewhere is a link to RFC 1855 which specifically addresses
Netiquette, I seem to remember this RFC coming about somewhere around
the time the 'net went commercial (mid-90s).

ct