[clue-tech] Please trim your posts - netiquette again

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Sat Apr 23 20:19:56 MDT 2005

Chris Tubutis wrote:

>On 23 Apr, David Anselmi wrote:
>

>>Though he'd get less argument if some sort of standards were posted on
>>the web site.
>>

>This might be true but I'm not so sure such text belongs on the CLUE
>site as this netiquette stuff applies to both e-mail and USENET news
>(where I learned it all from) and Internet communications as a whole.

If I get to have a vote, I say put the policies on the site.  Every time
I'm on a list and someone mentions netiquette there's this uproar of
varying degrees because different people have different opinions, and
some people just get irritated that anyone brought it up.  So the
question is, are there any rules for this list?  If there are, they
should be on the website.  If not, then I guess we could be more
tolerant.  Personally, I don't mind what the preferences are.
top-posting or bottom-posting, I can conform... but I just hope that all
the lists I'm on have similar rules or I'll get confused.

Angelo