[clue-tech] Font problems serving KDE desktop to WXP client with VNC

Bob Bean rgbpub at adelphia.net
Sun Apr 24 12:51:18 MDT 2005

I am running KDE 3.3 on a Gentoo machine with TightVNC serving the desktop
to a WXP machine running a TightVNC client.

It works fine, but the fonts on the client-displayed desktop are really
ugly. I know the font installation on the host machine is good, as the
characters look as they should on the host machine's local display.

I have Googled everything I can think of, and have not been able to come up
with a solution. Anyone encountered this problem?

Thanks,
Bob