[clue-tech] Top down

Joe "Zonker" Brockmeier xonker at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 12:53:51 MDT 2005

On 4/24/05, mike havlicek <mhavlicek1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> This policy of top down design seems kinda silly...

No, it doesn't, if you think about it.

> It seems that the new info would be more relevant. Not
> reading the old post over and over ? Of course the
> original post should probably be included for
> reference sake :)

This only works if you presume:

A) Everyone is reading the conversation in order.
B) Everyone reading the conversation has been subscribed since the
beginning of the conversation.
C) The conversation goes away after it's done. (ie, not archived)
D) When replying to a number of questions it will be immediately
obvious which reply is paired with which question.
E) A maximum of two participants.

I shouldn't want to read a conversation between five or ten people,
with the entirety of their replies intact, in reverse order, in the
middle of a conversation on a list to which I just subscribed.

This has already been hashed out on thousands of other lists. There
are quite logical reasons why it's considered good "netiquette" not to
to top-post, and to trim messages so only the relevant info remains.

For further guidance: http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Zonker
--
Joe "Zonker" Brockmeier
xonker at gmail.com
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, doctor, and I'm happy
to state I finally won out over it." ~ Elwood P. Dowd, "Harvey"