[clue-tech] RH 7.3 on PowerEdge 6450

David Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Mon Apr 25 18:01:16 MDT 2005

Jack Parker wrote:
> From: "David Anselmi" <anselmi at anselmi.us>
>
>>By any chance did you go into the RAID BIOS utility and set up the RAID
>>before you tried to see it with Linux?
>
> Yup - [Ctrl-A].  Sees the two back end controllers for the powervault, but
> since that's not connected...  Does not see the internals.

If you use ctl-a and the little BIOS setup app doesn't see the drives, I
think Linux has no chance no matter what drivers you load.  If the
controller doesn't show drives in setup it won't tell the kernel about them.

So maybe you need to look at the cables, jumpers, switches, batteries,
power supplies/wiring, etc.